The Financial Aid Office is in the 603 Natchitoches Street, West Monroe location. It is open Tuesday through Friday from 9:30am until 5:00pm. Students and prospective students may obtain forms, budgets and any other information during regular office hours. Cloyd's Beauty School #1, Inc. also employs a third party service to process their Federal Student Financial Aid.
Federal Student Aid Applications
A student wishing to apply for federal financial aid may pick up a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) from any of Cloyd's Beauty Schools. Students may also file online at FAFSA.ed.gov. Students planning to apply will need to bring certain personal financial information that will be necessary to complete the application. Each of Cloyd's Beauty Schools has a Financial Aid Assistant (FAA) who will be glad to help students complete the application. Students also may apply directly at the Financial Aid Office.
To be eligible for Title IV assistance at Cloyds Beauty Schools, an applicant must meet certain general eligibility requirements. The applicant must:
A. have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate, or you must pass an independently, administered test approved by the U. S. Department of Education,
B. be enrolled as a regular student in an eligible program,
C. be a U. S. citizen or eligible non-citizen,
D. has a Social Security number,
E. makes satisfactory academic progress,
F. sign a Statement of Educational Purpose/Certification Statement on refunds and default,
G. sign a Statement of Updated Information, and
H. registers with the Selective Service, if required.
ATB Policy --- Administered & Score Rating
Cloyd's Beauty School, Inc. had adopted the following policy for administering the ATB (Wonderlic Test).
1. Students who do not have a high school diploma, GED, or have completed a 10th grade education must take the ATB test.
2. Students must be 15 years and 9 months of age.
3. Student must pay a fee of $25.00 to test administrator.
4. The Verbal and Quantitative sections of the WBST have a testing time limit of 20 minutes each. An additional 10 minutes is required to complete the demographic information on the answer sheet. Practice items can be completed in 5 minutes. The U.S. Department of Education has mandated that all ATB applicants taking the WBST to qualify for Title IV Federal Financial Assistance must achieve a verbal score no less than 200 and a quantitative score no less than 210. Only test scores appearing on the WBST individual ATB score report provided by the Wonderlic Testing Services Department may be used for ATB determinations. In addition to the above our State Board requires at least a passing grade of completion of 10th grade level to enroll to pursue the cosmetology and manicuring courses.
5. If student does not achieve this score they have an option to be retested. The student must have a waiting period of at least 30 days between the last test dates. This test is administered with Wonderlic Testing Corporation.
Our educator certificate is on display in the testing office students grades are registered with Wonderlic Corporation.
After July 1, 2012 ATB Students will not be eligible for Federal Student Aid. ATB Students will no longer be accepted after July 1, 2012
Questions About Electronic Data Exchange (Ede)
Students may contact the FAO at the Financial Aid Office (318) 322-5465 any time during the Financial Aid Office business hours, Students also may obtain EDE information from the Director.